Kids growing up in today’s digital world have very different experiences than those from previous generations. We are in the midst of a seismic social experiment. Never before have kids been immersed in a social media world (Snapchat, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, apps, gaming and various other platforms), where they are bombarded daily with hypersexualised pop culture images, ads, adult themed video games, and free downloadable hardcore porn. As access to technology widens, young people are constantly internalising messages which can affect their behaviour, expectations, brain and emotional development, confusing their understanding of healthy relationships. The Internet of Things changed everything, but with technology at our fingertips, the doorway for exploitive messages swings wide to our young people.
The Compass IQ and Agency IQ programs exist as part of an integrated educational initiative to safeguard young people in the wake of an increasingly exploitative and hypersexualised culture. Compass IQ and Agency IQ are signature programs within the IQ package, which also include holistic relationships and sexuality education through the Growth IQ and Sustain IQ programs.
Cultivating Kids for Healthy Relationships & Development – Ages 4-12
Advancing Youth for Sustainable Relationships & Sexual Health – Ages 12-16
Safeguarding Kids from Cultural and Sexual Harms – Ages 4-12
Fortifying Youth against Cultural and Sexual Harms – Ages 12-16
Commencing release in 2019: Compass IQ for early childhood, children and tweens, and Agency IQ for teens.
- IQ programs prevent sexual harms by addressing the impact of sexually explicit material and challenging its influence on behaviours.
- IQ programs provide developmentally appropriate content for each age-bracket.
- IQ programs offer guidelines for implementation and suggestions for school policies, processes, and practices.
- IQ programs reflect the Social and Emotional Learning approach advocated by CASEL, to foster self-awareness, self-management, responsible decision-making, relationship skills and social awareness.
- IQ programs adopt a holistic sexuality education approach that covers a broad range of issues relating to the physical, emotional, social and cultural aspects of development; takes an unbiased approach; and implies a positive attitude to sexual wellbeing.
FOR PARENTS: access free online tools to educate on the impacts of hypersexualisation and porn culture. Face-to-face training is available upon request.
FOR EDUCATORS: receive online training and comprehensive lesson plans informed by educational frameworks, social theories and relevant research. Face-to-face training is available upon request.
FOR STUDENTS: gain critical and self-awareness skills to make informed decisions to confidently navigate hypersexualised culture and other 21st century challenges.